Asus P320
Hi Guys,
Thanx to all those who Donated and Made this Possible.Now we have Moved to a new Better forum.

Please remember to read the rules on that forum
There is a VIP Section on that forum which can be found there.

The Link is:-

www.psppc.in

Hope to See you there
Asus P320
Hi Guys,
Thanx to all those who Donated and Made this Possible.Now we have Moved to a new Better forum.

Please remember to read the rules on that forum
There is a VIP Section on that forum which can be found there.

The Link is:-

www.psppc.in

Hope to See you there
Asus P320
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is Dedicated only to Asus P320

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Please Donate to me people  
We have moved over to www.psppc.in Hope to see you guys there
Please Support me by donating
Official PayPal Seal
Forum

Network Detection - fix

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kmpksprabhu

Network Detection - fix Empty
PostSubject: Network Detection - fix   Network Detection - fix EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Manas et al,

Guys not sure how this problem came up. Thie issue is the network detection. The mobile wasnt able to find what network it is in or should register with. It keeps searching for netwrok. and says after sometime No Service. Again starts searching. The phone is kept doing this for the past two days now.

So i tried a few things to fix it up.

1. I was using the 28232_fixed build. so i went back to the genuine one still issue wasnt fixed.
2. Tried a sim card from 3 different operators and the issue wasnt fixed.
3. flashed again with 240001 build and still no luck.

Some peculiar things that showed up are.
Firstly...
When i went to network setting to try setting up the network manually it showed a message like "please disconnect all data connections and try again." But there isnt any data connections settings available, i removed them all.

I even tried 2 SIM's with gprs enabled on it (both are from different operators).

But with the rom i am currently using i.e. Asus 3d today... it lets me select the network to what the SIM belongs to and even accepts me tapping done.

Secondly...

It does show up a tower symbol (which is flickering normal when there is a network searching), but i can see a 'G' shown too. (which means data connection is available/possible right) but why would it show that ? i removed all data related settings too.

Well still no network is detected.

Hope this is going to be challenging to fix. Not sure. Thanks in advance guys.

-Prabhu.
Back to top Go down
nazri14

nazri14

PostSubject: Re: Network Detection - fix   Network Detection - fix EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:05 pm

wow..looks like serious issue mate...well since i've been P320 & doin flashing the roms so far never faced similiar issues...
I'm not sure bout other forumers...any idea/opinion which can help our member here..???
Back to top Go down
kmpksprabhu

PostSubject: Re: Network Detection - fix   Network Detection - fix EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:29 pm

nazri14 wrote:
wow..looks like serious issue mate...well since i've been P320 & doin flashing the roms so far never faced similiar issues...
I'm not sure bout other forumers...any idea/opinion which can help our member here..???

Yep Dude think so too.
-Prabhu.
Back to top Go down
Daniel261

PostSubject: Re: Network Detection - fix   Network Detection - fix EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:34 pm

kmpksprabhu wrote:
Manas et al,

Guys not sure how this problem came up. Thie issue is the network detection. The mobile wasnt able to find what network it is in or should register with. It keeps searching for netwrok. and says after sometime No Service. Again starts searching. The phone is kept doing this for the past two days now.

So i tried a few things to fix it up.

1. I was using the 28232_fixed build. so i went back to the genuine one still issue wasnt fixed.
2. Tried a sim card from 3 different operators and the issue wasnt fixed.
3. flashed again with 240001 build and still no luck.

Some peculiar things that showed up are.
Firstly...
When i went to network setting to try setting up the network manually it showed a message like "please disconnect all data connections and try again." But there isnt any data connections settings available, i removed them all.

I even tried 2 SIM's with gprs enabled on it (both are from different operators).

But with the rom i am currently using i.e. Asus 3d today... it lets me select the network to what the SIM belongs to and even accepts me tapping done.

Secondly...

It does show up a tower symbol (which is flickering normal when there is a network searching), but i can see a 'G' shown too. (which means data connection is available/possible right) but why would it show that ? i removed all data related settings too.

-Prabhu.

The tower symbol, if it looks like a pyramid, then it is for roaming, so my question is are you living near the boarder of your country, because sometimes the phone gets it signal from the strongest cell, witch can be the cell from the neighboring country, witch belongs to an operator witch doesn't have a contract with you operator.

In this case you should try to manually select the network, this can be done, from, Setting-> Personal-> Phone, look for network tab, and select the network manually, you will be prompted with a "searching for available networks" from witch you can select your network from your country, IF THE PHONE CAN FIND IT.

In any case you should try to manually select you provider(network)
Back to top Go down
kmpksprabhu

PostSubject: Re: Network Detection - fix   Network Detection - fix EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:34 pm

Daniel261 wrote:
kmpksprabhu wrote:
Manas et al,

Guys not sure how this problem came up. Thie issue is the network detection. The mobile wasnt able to find what

-Prabhu.

The tower symbol, if it looks like a pyramid, then it is for roaming, so my question is are you living near the boarder of your country, because sometimes the phone gets it signal from the strongest cell, witch can be the cell from the neighboring country, witch belongs to an operator witch doesn't have a contract with you operator.

In this case you should try to manually select the network, this can be done, from, Setting-> Personal-> Phone, look for network tab, and select the network manually, you will be prompted with a "searching for available networks" from witch you can select your network from your country, IF THE PHONE CAN FIND IT.

In any case you should try to manually select you provider(network)

Thanks for the reply.

Well i have already tried that... this is what it said when i tried manual settings... "Network error Cannot read settings from the netwrok. Try viewing settings later, or disconnect data connection and try again."

Only normal tower symbol is seen. It also shows a G inside a box.

-Prabhu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Network Detection - fix   Network Detection - fix Empty

Back to top Go down

Network Detection - fix
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Asus P320 :: Roms-
Jump to: